The Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018 will be an extraordinary event and game changer for the city. Get ready to witness superhuman-athletes from all corners of the world achieving their goal of going further, faster and higher. Share the dream of every athlete, soak up the magical atmosphere and celebrate this unique mega event.
Our self-contained Gold Coast apartments are in prime position, located in a central position, with easy access to the main transport hub, and with free parking included. All to ensure you enjoy a first class resort accommodation and stay within a walking distance to all the live action and events.
The Commonwealth Games transport is a main focus of attention of the organising committee and the Gold Coast City Council since the city decided to be considered to host of the Games and worked to draft the transport operations plan, with the objective of making travel during the 2018 Commonwealth Games an easy and pleasurable experience for visitors and locals.
The Gold Coast transport hub is well distributed among Trams (the G-Link), buses and Trains (Translink), capable of handling the demand, all of which will be free during the Commonwealth Games 2018.
Additionally transport coverage will be achieved by encouraging users to use active ways of transport such as walking and cycling, but also by providing free shuttle buses from central locations and main train/bus stations directly to the different venues
Ordered by distance from Surfers Paradise Accommodation:
· Broadbeach Bowls Club – 6 min or 2.7 km
· Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre: 9 min or 4km
· Gold Coast Aquatic Centre: 12 min or 5.5km
· Broadwater Parklands: 12 min or 5.9km
· Gold Coast Hockey Centre: 14 min or 8 km
· Gold Coast Sports Precinct: 15 min or 9 km
· Commonwealth Games Village: 18 min or 9km
· CBus Super Stadium: 20 min or 12km
· Nerang mountain bike trails: 20 min or 15 km
· Village Roadshow Studios: 25 min or 19 km
· Currumbin Valley/Elanora: 26 min 20km
· Coomera Indoor Sports Centre 29 min or 24km
Visit out Holiday Insider or sign up to receive our Newsletter for more information about the GC2018 and the latest updates from the Gold Coast as the city prepares and count the days to the opening ceremony on 4 April 2018.